Account verification is required to prevent fraud and keep the Mine community safe. It adds security to the industry as well as making Mine compliant with rigorous Know Your Client (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) regulations. As part of our commitment to remain the most trusted digital asset platform, all client accounts must be verified with IDs through the MineDigital website.
How do I verify my identity/account?
Mine account verification depends on the type of account you are opening. There are 2 types of accounts on the Mine platform, either a Personal or Company Account.
How do I verify a Personal Account?
In verifying a Personal Account, you need to make sure that you have a Camera/Scanner, valid ID and a POA. Although we have a strong preference towards passports, other ID’s that may be used include:
- National Passport (preferred ID)
- National Identification Card
- Driving License
- Could also be a country-specific type e.g. Firearm License
- For a full list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Instruction video of the process below
Step 1: Log In to your MineDigital account. Go to the ‘PORTFOLIO’ page and click the ‘VERIFY’ button.
Step 2: Go to the ‘VERIFY’ page and click on the ‘PERSONAL’ button.
Step 3: Please read and follow the instruction as shown below and then click on the ‘NEXT’ button.
Step 4: Upload your scanned ID and make sure to read and follow the upload instructions. Click the ‘NEXT’ button once done.
Note when uploading your photo ID:
- Allow for a 3cm gap on the outside of your ID document
- Ensure that your document is valid and not expired, without hole punches or other modifications
- Ensure your document is in a well-lit area without glare. Natural sunlight is best
- Photograph the entire document and avoid cutting off any corners or sides
- Ensure the ID is fully visible and in focus
- Use the Chrome browser to complete the verification
- Make sure the program you use to take the pictures does not add any logos or watermarks
- Do not obfuscate any information on the ID
- If you make a mistake, refresh the page to restart the process. Do not attempt to complete the process if you know there is an error
Step 5: Submit a selfie of you holding the submitted ID. Please follow the upload instructions and hit the ‘NEXT’ button once done.
Note when providing a “selfie’ photo of your face:
- Make sure the light is coming from in front of you, not behind you, such that your face is clearly visible without backlighting
- Face the camera directly and include from your shoulders to the top of your head, similar to a passport or ID photo
- Use a plain wall as a background if possible
- Do not wear sunglasses or hats
- If you are wearing glasses in your ID photo, wear them in your selfie photo. If you are not wearing glasses in your ID photo, remove them for your selfie photo
Step 6: Fill out the form with your personal information and hit the ‘NEXT’ button to proceed. Please make sure all the information is correct as this may cause a delay in your verification.
Step 7: Review the document you submitted and click on the ‘NEXT’ button.
Step 8: Review the information you submitted and click on the ‘NEXT’ button.
Step 9: Take note of the reference code and allow us at least 24-48 hours from the time you submitted all the documents to verify all the documents submitted. Once completed, you will be notified by email.